Brand and Market Research—BrewPlan
does continual market research and analysis, along with competitive brand and
SKU tracking by market segment within multiple retail channels. We provide both
quantitative and qualitative analysis to all of our clients.
are just a few of the insightful solution analytics we provide to clients:
1.) Brand/SKU snapshots and trend/share of market
2.) Detailed written reports from Beer/Wine/Spirits
Experts and BrewPlan, Inc.
3.) Performance of Regional Craft Breweries,
Micros, Brewpubs, Wineries and Micro Distillers for benchmarking purposes.
4.) Graphs, charts and tables with bullet point
Research—BrewPlan analyzes the various
profiles of the Import/Craft Beer Drinkers, Wine Aficionados and Craft Spirits,
the consumer trends, demographics, psychographics, disposable income and
shopping patterns and trends for our clients.
Here are the major categories for craft/import beer
consumption that we routinely analyze:
Male vs. female
Spending By Brand—while media is not a big
piece of the marketing budgets for craft brewers or smaller wineries, there
still is spend, and as craft brewers grow in size and scale, it is becoming a
much bigger piece of the overall marketing spend plan. While Social Marketing is by far the best
vehicle for any size Craft Brewer due to the “connection” being made directly
with the end user, there is also much to say about “reach and frequency” from
the use of electronic, print, outdoor or other tracked media services.
Distribution and Merchandising Trends—Craft
Brewers continue to gain more and more shelf space from key retailers due to three
1.) Organic growth—the double digit growth has
allowed Craft Brewers to extend their shelf space
Profitability—Craft generates more profit per case than premium beers so
retailers are creating more displays, end caps, out-of-departments, and more
cooler doors for Craft
from iconic brand names, colorful brand labels and unique-shaped bottles &
cans, has accelerated Craft beer merchandising.
BrewPlan analyzes and stays current on any and all
pricing, packaging and business trends to give your Brewery, Winery or
Distillery an edge up on competition.
Once the Brand and Market Research Trends are finalized and presented to management in a
Powerpoint Presentation, the Integrated Marketing Strategy can be formulated
for the Brand.
Here is what
BrewPlan, Inc. provides to its clients for Marketing Strategy Development:
Beer Industry Overview
Per Capita Consumption Trends
Market Segment Trends
Industry Projections and “Crystal Ball”
1. Company/Brand Positioning
2. Competitive Brand Strategies
3. S.W.O.T. Analysis of Competition
4. Marketing Trends On Volume, Price, Promotion
5. Distributor Network
6. Brewery/Winery Location and Freight/Logistics
7. Management/Sales Representation/”Feet On The
8. Who’s “hot” and who’s “not” and why!
1. Company/Brand Positioning (From Branding
2. Company Brand Strategies
3. Management/Sales Representation
4. Marketing Weapons—Packaging, Price, Promotion
5. Distributor Network Selection
6. Marketing Initiatives and Promotion Calendar
7. Special Events/Sponsorship Plans
8. Advertising/Creative Approaches
9. Advertising/Media Selection and Spend Plan
Six and Twelve Month Reviews
1. BrewPlan automatically provides Clients with
6 and 12 month reviews
2. Tweaks can be made to the Marketing Strategy
after 6 months.
3. Marketing Strategy can be significantly
adjusted if results are not positive after 12 months.